The first purpose of a pressure relief device is protecting a vessel against overpressure only; they do not protect against structural failure when the vessel is exposed to extremely high temperatures such as during a fire.
A pressure relief valve is a pressure relief device designed to open and relieve excess pressure and to reclose and prevent further flow of fluid after normal conditions have been restored. A pressure relief valve opens when its upstream pressure reaches the set pressure. It then allows fluid to flow until its upstream pressure falls to the closing pressure (The value of the closing pressure is less than that of the set pressure and will be reached after the blowdown phase is completed). It then closes، preventing further flow.
All types of pressure relief valves include; safety valve، relief valve، conventional safety relief valve، balanced safety relief valve and pilot-operated pressure relief valve.
The following activities are performed in VIRCO engineering Department.
- 2D and 3D drawings with SOLIDWORKS and CATIA Softwares
- CFD Simulation of flow and heat transfer using ANSYS FLUENT and ANSYS CFX
- Fluid-Structure interaction (FSI) analysis using ANSYS Software
- Spring Design
- Multi-phase flow CFD analysis using ANSYS Software
- FEM analysis using ANSYS software
- Preparation technical documents and all specifications for our products
- Offer the best safety valves acc. to costumer's data sheet
- Training our customers to select the best safety valves for their applications